5.04.2010

"Egg" Muffin

It has been three years since I've had an Egg McMuffin at McDonald's. The Number-One-Egg-McMuffin Combo used to be a Saturday morning staple with my dad. When I became vegetarian, I had one without the Canadian bacon. Maybe it was the salt, or the chewy warm goodness, Egg McMuffins were once my favorite. I decided to make a vegan version of this after I came across a pack of Yves Canadian Bacon at the market. And it was DELISH without the guilt.


This Egg Muffin doesn't need a real recipe. It's just a toasted English Muffin with a slice of Follow Your Heart cheddar. I used a little oil to fried the Yves Canadian Bacon and a thick slice of firm tofu until browned. My suggestion is to thinly slice the cheddar to ensure it melts. My cheese was definitely too thick in the picture but delightful nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. That looks AWESOME. I have been searching for a good vegan cheese sub, but hadn't heard of the kind you mention here - will have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie! You can find Follow Your Heart cheddar at Whole Foods. They carry it. :)

    ReplyDelete