5.15.2010

Polenta with Portobello Mushroom

I never knew what polenta was until I saw it on Food Network recently. I always thought it had milk or animal products in it but it's just boiled cornmeal. I realized they sell polenta almost everywhere and it's super easy to make. If you're tired of making regular pasta, I highly suggesting trying polenta. All you have to do is slice the "tube" of polenta about half an inch thick, heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the polenta until both sides are golden. Add some warm tomato sauce on it. Easy-peasy.


If you're interested in making portobello mushroom, I whipped together a simple marinade consisting of half part balsamic vinegar and half part olive oil. Dip the mushrooms (top and bottom) in the marinade and place a hot pan. As it sizzles, I spooned more marinade onto the mushrooms, making sure you flip the 'shrooms to prevent it from being burnt. Should take about a minute or two for it to be soft. You can just stick a fork in it to see if it's soft enough for your taste preference.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! i just picked up some polenta at Trader Joes and wasn't sure what I would do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the picture of your food or from Food Network. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete